Why join us?
Even GPwSIs need a home!
We are a dynamic group of leaders and innovators in Community Surgery who are passionate about bringing minor surgical care closer to home for the benefit of patients in the UK.
Join us today in working towards our vision of providing a high-quality, readily available Community Surgical service to patients in the UK.
Only £100/year makes you an ASPC member. Member benefits include support, networking and CPD
• Support and advice in an area of clinical practice which is evolving rapidly
• Access to a network of individuals and practices working at the leading edge in this clinical area
• Reduced members rate on the annual conference fee
• Access to members-only educational materials on this website
• Access to members-only local service development/CCG advice and materials
ASPC is affiliated with the ASGBI and affiliation with the RCGP is under discussion. ASPC also has close links with BADS.
ASPC will act as a lobby group for its members and provide representation at national level (currently three of the associations founding members are working on the DoH General Surgery sub-group for the Care Closer to Home project)
Accreditation of practitioners performing surgery in primary care and their appraisal is of paramount importance. Through it’s affiliation with the RCGP the association will be in a position to produce guidelines for both accreditation and appraisal.