Best wishes for 2013. There is plenty of ASPC news to give you.
We have appointed Faith Studd who took up her post in August. Please see our first attachment in which she introduces herself and explains the work she does to make ASPC more useful to you.
2. Conference, May 18th, 2013
Put this date in your diary now, book a day of study leave and come to glorious Stratford upon Avon. We have made it a Saturday, chosen a central venue and reduced the fee from £160 to £100. The content has changed in line with your feedback and there is more practical workshop activity than last year. We want to see ALL of you there! Click here for more information here.
3. Increasing the membership
Ireland has launched a sister Association to ours. Vijay Kumar & I attended their first meeting. Aims are very similar and we have decided reciprocal honorary membership of both associations would work well and involve members in no extra cost.
We hope to offer a considerable discount to those who want to go to both conferences. Look at this link, PCSA’s Conference Flyer. We hope many of you will consider going to Ireland where you are sure to have a good time anyway!
4 . Website revamp
Faith has explained developments and plans here. We can recommend the efficient Website Design services of Emmantech Ltd, visit www.emmantech.com for more information to anyone requiring professional website design work. For an exclusive 10% ASPC member discount, mention ASPCMEMBER2013.
5. Relations with other surgical organisations
Within ASGBI (Assoc. of Surgeons of GB and Ireland) we have built up links through attending committees on education, research and service provision. Furthermore, we have worked with ASIT, The Association of Surgeons in Training, interested in the training opportunities which community surgeons could provide for basic surgical trainees. The flyer for their conference is here.
We have campaigned tirelessly all year to get more surgery commissioned in the community. This has culminated in a statement to be sent to all those with the power and influence to reconfigure services. We will circulate this in the New Year and hope all our members will join the campaign.
7. Other work by Council members
Much more has been done by individual Council Members which will be summarised and put up on the website. When important new material appears online we will alert you with an e-mail. Thank you again for supporting your Association. We remain committed to Excellence and Expansion in Community Surgery, the theme of our Conference. Make sure you are with us on May 18th!
Happy New Year.
Laurel Spooner .
Dr Laurel Spooner
President, Association of Surgeons in Primary Care
Download Newsletters in PDF format:
- Download ASPC June 2011 Newsletter (pdf file size: 211KB)
- Download ASPC December 2010 Newsletter (pdf file size: 89KB)
- Download ASPC October 2010 Newsletter (pdf file size: 48KB)
- Download ASPC January 2010 Newsletter (pdf file size: 11KB)
- Download ASPC October 2009 Newsletter (pdf file size: 34KB)
- Download ASPC April 2009 Newsletter (pdf file size: 10KB)
- Download ASPC December 2008 Newsletter (pdf file size: 243KB)
- Download ASPC October 2008 Newsletter (pdf file size: 13KB)
- Download ASPC April 2008 Newsletter (pdf file size: 10KB)
- Download ASPC November 2007 Newsletter (pdf file size: 26KB)
- Download ASPC June 2007 Newsletter (pdf file size: 7KB)
- Download ASPC March 2007 Newsletter (pdf file size: 8KB)