Why join us?
Even GPwSIs need a home!
We are a dynamic group of leaders and innovators in Community Surgery who are passionate about bringing minor surgical care closer to home for the benefit of patients in the UK.
Join us today in working towards our vision of providing a high-quality, readily available Community Surgical service to patients in the UK.
Only £100/year makes you an ASPC member. Member benefits include support, networking and CPD.
Only £50/year for AIT’s, VTS by application only firstname.lastname@example.org and free membership for Medical Students.
- Support, networking, CPD and Audits
- Advice in an area of clinical practice which is evolving rapidly
- Access to a network of individuals and practices working at the leading edge in this clinical area
- Access to our Closed ASPC Facebook support group.
- Significantly Reduced Fees to our Annual Conference for Members
- Access to members-only educational materials on this website
- Access to members-only local service development/CCG advice and materials
- Membership provides free reciprocal membership of Primary care Surgical Association ( PCSA) of the Republic of Ireland and its ensuing benefits.
- We support GP Surgeons in bidding for local contracts in community surgery.
- ASPC is the only organisation nationally that represents GPwSI / Consultants in community surgery.
- We are your voice that is heard by NHSE, RCS, RCGP, CQC and other bodies
- ASPC reflects and supports GP community surgeons needs and views in various consultations including NHSE, GMC and CQC.
- We support and provide guidance to CCG’s, Health boards and other commissioning organisations to roll out appropriately funded and designed community surgery contracts nationwide.
- We support global health care colleagues providing surgery in the community eg Haiti, Philippines etc and provides opportunities for members to work as volunteers abroad.
ASPC is affiliated with the ASGBI and affiliation with the RCGP is under discussion. ASPC also has close links with BADS.
ASPC will act as a lobby group for its members and provide representation at national level (currently three of the associations founding members are working on the DoH General Surgery sub-group for the Care Closer to Home project)
Accreditation of practitioners performing surgery in primary care and their appraisal is of paramount importance. Through it’s affiliation with the RCGP the association will be in a position to produce guidelines for both accreditation and appraisal.